Wednesday, March 30, 2005

New Day For The Dinosaur

Finally got Merge's new Dinosaur Jr. reissues in the mail. Fuckin' hell. I think Bug just destroyed my CD player. Seriously. These tunes changed my whole vision of music when I was in my early teens. One of the first bands (along with Sonic Youth, Yo La Tengo) to make me realize that there groups putting out exciting music in the late '80s-early '90s. And if I drove the 40-minutes to Bull Moose in Brunswick (Maine) I could buy it all! Guess that was the beginning of the end. The time when a frightening amount of my affection and funds went to procuring and perusing anything and everything music-related. I owe 'em a hell of a lot. And now I have these reissues to pour over. Mascis plays the guitar like a fucking demon. The mess they kick up on "Don't" could burn a hole through the hardest heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home